An ideal activity for both teachers and students who usually avoid drama in the classroom. Low-risk fun for all ages and levels.
- Pre-teach any vocabulary necessary.
- Tell students they need a very small piece of paper.
- Ask students to write AB down the side (see right).
- Dictate dialogue (students can write or draw pictures).
- Students practise dialogue in pairs.
Wednesday’s #eltchat session on paper light classrooms prompted me to write up this Iatefl session. You’ll find the detailed version of the activity below along with my take on Colin Granger’s dramatic delivery of the session.